Do not love sleep or you will grow poor;
stay awake and you will have food to spare.
I love to sleep, but there is something amazing about building a habit of waking up early and preparing my heart, mind and body for the day.
The ideal morning is as follows:
- 10-15 minutes – Meditation
- 5-10 minutes – Prayer. For myself, family, friends, coworkers, leaders, and an ever changing prayer list.
- 5-10 minutes – Bible reading + at least a few Proverbs.
- 10 minutes – Reading books – I can skip this if needed.
- 20-30 minutes – Workout. I prefer longer but this is the maintenance amount I need.